ianto39 wrote:
> I don't think I ever filed a ticket, I just wondered if you ever took it
> any further (the ability to play a quick preview of a track before
> adding it to the queue).

Not, yet. I've got some cool ideas around it but they are a bit complex
to implement :)

ianto39 wrote:
> Did you ever consider developing iPeng to not just be a Squeezebox
> controller but to play the local music on the device also? It has by far
> the best all round interface for queue management, and if was "just a
> case of plugging in a new back-end" it would be an in-app purchase for
> the ages. Next I guess people would want you to support streaming online
> music sources, I hear ker-ching, in-app purchase again.

Well the problem is that this "all round interface for queue management"
to a good part is not in iPeng but LMS so iPeng would have to completely
replicate that..
Which is actually the reason I haven't done a download function, yet.

And regarding streaming services: most of them don't allow streaming
directly to 3rd party iOS Apps because they don't have the rights to
re-sell...

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch*