farrina wrote:
> I wonder if https was to come to pass if this would have any technical
> implications for future streaming and the use of the above plugins

I don't think so but with the BBC they do things as they see fit and not
for the benefit of users (i.e. apple HLS streams, users of their apps
and their Web browser are the only users BBC cares about). There are
lots of owners of now "dead" smart BBCiPlayer capable TVs and internet
radios and worried vendors of internet radio who are trying to get HLS
and DASH working who dislike the BBC way of moving forward with a new
standard every few years.