I rebooted LMS server and iPhone.  Still same behavior.  I can generate
a similar artist playlist in the web browser (and also in my Android SC
app) and see the resulting list in the playlist screen on iPeng.
Another interesting thing - when I go to the iPeng playlist screen,
select Edit, and attempt to delete a selected track from the list, the
trash can icon is dimmed out.

Also, if I select the Top 100 from Spotify, I can see the list, but I
can't bump the currently playing playlist.

I must have done something stupid.  Will roach around and see what
gives.