Hi Joel,

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 12:43:19PM +1100, Joel Roberts wrote:

> I need to setup traffic accounting (in and out) for each IP address, and
> then export that data to an EXTERNAL mysql database on a separate machine
> accessible via IP address. How do I go about setting up pmacct to do this?

On the pmacct side, look at the sql_host configuration directive. Look at
MySQL documentation on how to a) let the daemon listen on a TCP/IP port and
b) setup user accounts which are going to connect remotely (GRANT queries).
There are plenty of examples on how to account in/out traffic per-IP address
around - some as part of the EXAMPLES document, some on Google.