Hi Richard,

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 03:12:23AM -0500, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

> * Record (and aggregate on) the address of the router that exported a
> flow via netflow/sflow. Basically I just want to know which router
> exported the flow to me, using either the agent address if available (on
> sflow, etc), or the source address of the netflow packet.

As Nitzan correctly mentioned, pre-tagging should be used for this. The
idea is you get a tag instead of the IP address of the NetFlow/sFlow
exporter. If doesn't suit, just let me know: I would see it as a good
feature request.

> * Record (and aggregate on) the src/dst ifindexes that are exported via
> sflow/netflow protocols. Obviously this would be paired with the router
> id mentioned above to give the ifindex meaning, :)

As of 0.12.1 (which will be out in roughly a week) or the code currently
in the CVS you have the in_iface and out_iface aggregation primitives.

The "legacy" way (up to 0.12.0) to do it was via pre-tagging as per the
point before. Of course pre-tagging (so map ifindexes to tags) can still
be used when a stricter control (filter out un-needed stuff) is required
as part of the aggregation process.

> * Record the mask that was used in a src/dst_net aggregator. I figured
> out how to dynamically aggregate by the netmask value exported via
> netflow/sflow (via the pmacct changelog, it doesn't seem to be in the
> documentation anywhere I could find), but it doesn't record the netmask
> that was used. For example, say I receive an export for a flow to
>
> [ ... ]

As of 0.12.1 (which will be out in roughly a week) or the code currently
in the CVS you have the src_mask and dst_mask aggregation primitives :-)
You have also a set of [ nfacctd_net | sfacctd_net | pmacctd_net ] config
directives which have as values [ netflow | sflow | mask | file | bgp ].
It means the network prefix and the netmask can be explicitely grasped out
of: netflow, sflow, bgp, a networks_file: a file where some networks are
listed (can be also a dump of the full BGP table) which makes sense going
libpcap or ULOG really or a static netwosk_mask directive: ie. aggregate
everything to /24: it makes sense once again if going libpcap or ULOG.