Hi Chunsing,

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 05:59:21PM +0800, Kerk Chun Sing wrote:

> I'm exporting flows to pmacct (using memory plugin) and have Cacti plot the
> data. There are regular gaps in the plotted graph.

Can you comment on the overall setup? How the memory table is
being queried by Cacti - down to the command-line being used?
>From the graph you attached i can't grasp whether that is some
time-aggregated view (ie. gaps might be missing measurements
in the original time-scale) or not (ie. no missing measurements
but sudden drops in traffic rates are detected).

> Do anyone know what the "Closing..." messages mean? I felt that the gaps
> might be related to this.

It's simply to say that the query received by a client was just
successfully processed. It's not reporting a problem in essence.
The "Selecting bucket" can be related to a search (ie. to serve
the client query) or an insert (ie. data coming from the network)
in the memory structure.