HI Paolo,

I have configured Cisco Nexus to export L2 netfow.
Pmacct is matching and counting the bytes for IPv4 and IPv6 based on ethertype.

====================================
plugins: memory
aggregate: src_mac,dst_mac,etype,vlan,flows
====================================

From Cacti, there is a script which read, extract and store the data in the rrd file.
Extracted entries are deleted from memory using "-r" parameter.

====================================
====================================
<aggr> = etype
<adata> = 800 (for IPv4) and 86dd (for IPv6)
<pipe> = /tmp/collect.pipe

The snapshot of the graph that I've posted is just for IPv4.

I've tested this with Plixer's Scrutinizer and similar symptom is observed. Perhaps the issue is with Nexus or the natural of netflow accounting. If the "Closing ..." messages are normal behaviour, I probably can rule out pmacct as the issue.

Thank you

/chunsing
Paolo Lucente <mailto:pa...@pmacct.net>
July 18, 2012 10:40 PM