Hello everybody,

just in case you may be interested, I've released a tool that can be
used to automatically generate the content of pmacct's
bgp_peer_src_as_map file:

https://github.com/pierky/mactopeer

It uses NAPALM to connect to network devices, then it fetches ARP
entries and BGP sessions and finally it builds the source MAC address /
ASN map.

I've also coded a feature to guess ASNs of IP addresses that have
not a straight BGP session configured on the device, for example in case of
multi-lateral peering such as route servers at IXPs; it uses data from
PeeringDB.

Beta status: as usual, any feedback is much appreciated ;-)

--
Pier Carlo Chiodi
https://pierky.com