Hi Anthony,

Yes, nice tip from Yann actually - i'm going to document it :) This
would work and is portable across all plugins, you can give it a try.
Specifically for the SQL plugins, which i understand is not your case,
a sql_num_hosts feature exists - failing the custom primitive approach
for any unforeseen reason, we could consider a porting of this feature.

Paolo