Hi Will,

Looks interesting! We accomplished this by using Kafka, but I can see where
having a json-via-udp might be useful as something more lightweight.

Aaron

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 7:59 PM Will Hawkins <wh...@virginia.edu> wrote:

> Hello great community!
>
> First, I wanted to say that I love the pmacct software -- it's been a
> huge boon to our research lab. Thank you all for developing and
> contributing!
>
> After some usage of the tool, we found that we needed some extra
> functionality that I couldn't find in the included plugins. Namely, we
> needed to send json-formatted output over UDP to a server that would
> perform further processing on the data. I hope that I didn't miss an
> existing plugin to perform such work!
>
> Finding none, I decided to implement a plugin to do just that. I named
> it jsonudp. I implemented it according to the directions in all the
> document (ie, copy existing plugins!). I relied heavily on the
> print_plugin and coded up something that works. I attempted to follow
> the existing code style and meet the project's standards.
>
> I submitted a pull request for the code to the project's repository on
> github. I'd love to hear feedback on the code and what you think I can
> improve if you think that it's a feature worth having in the main
> repository. If you don't think it's worthwhile, I'd love to hear that
> too!
>
> In any event, thank you for building and maintaining such a great tool.
>
> Will

*Aaron Finney*Infrastructure Engineering | OpenX
888 East Walnut Street, 2nd Floor | Pasadena, CA 91101
o: +1 (626) 466-1141 x6035 | aaron.fin...@openx.com