> I don't want to turn this thread into a discussion on the features
> themselves, but rather to work out *who* are the people to really get
> into that chat, and what level of interest people have in actually
> moving forward. I would like to be in a position where we can
> confidently go about adding some new features and abilities to the
> format where currently it is lacking.

I once tried to arrange a consensus on images in pod, and after what I thought
was indeed a consensus, I invested lots of time into drafting and the
implementation.  However on the later stage some people behind the github
aliases I can't recognize, and who never participated in the discussion, vetoed
the whole thing.  That was not nice and failrly frustrating. So I agree the
process is as clear as mud. If the community can resolve this social problem,
there are old threads about the images in pod and I believe many have still
have interest in this.

--
Sincerely,
        Dmitry Karasik