On Thu, 2014-01-30 at 13:21 +0930, Domonic Tom wrote:

> Would anyone be able to answer this question.  How do I allocate a
> filter type to PdfFilter?
>
> I know GetType() is supposed to do this but how?  It doesn't take any
> arguments?

Hmm, GetType() method of which object? Anyway, even I'm not 100% sure of
your question about 'allocate', with my previous reply you might find
out something like:

   #include "base/PdfFilter.h"

   std::auto_ptr<PdfFilter> getLZWFilter(void)
   {
       return PdfFilterFactory::Create(ePdfFilter_LZWDecode);
   }

I'm really not sure what you are actually trying to achieve, it's hard
to guess from the less of information you gave so far, but the above
"code snippet" might answer the question of "how to create an LZW
filter". Please search the sources for PdfFilterFactory::Create, it
might give you better hints how it's actually used and what is done with
returned object.
        Bye,
        zyx