On Tue, 2018-11-13 at 18:46 +0100, Michal Sudolsky wrote:
> This is really unfortunate because pdf with just subset of font could
> be much smaller when I want to add just short text into it (or can be
> smaller also with long text because how often can be found pdf which
> contains all characters that font supports?).

        Hi,
might it have anything to do with this change, please?
http://sourceforge.net/p/podofo/code/1939

You didn't mention what your PoDoFo version is, which is always good to
mention. The above change was not part of any official release yet,
it's in the development version only at the moment.
        Bye,
        zyx