On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 at 15:06, Matthew Brincke <ma...@mailbox.org> wrote:
> > On 18 January 2019 at 09:29 Francesco Pretto <cez...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 at 01:14, Matthew Brincke <ma...@mailbox.org> wrote:
> > I'm a bit in a stale situation now. Can I fix the change in
> > a bigger merged patch 1-5?
>
> I advise against that, because for accepting the two first
> patches I'd need them separate, and I don't think you need
> to provide a fixed version of the second patch as the fix
> is already in the post I'm replying to and it's a simple one
> so I can easily insert it into the code before testing.

Ok, no problem. Thank your for reviewing.

> I'm not sure I can accept the further patches because of the
> (look-like at least for me) ABI changes, before the release
> coming next, I think it'd be 0.9.7 and consist of fixes for
> security vulnerabilities, crashes and exceptions avoidable
> without changing the ABI or API (maybe supporting more uses).

Yes, they definitely introduce ABI changes, as better stated in the
cover letter of the series. Actually this is mainly linux
distributions maintainers concern: I don't see any distribution to
ship newer 0.x release within the same distribution major version, but
who knows?