Hi zyx,

On Fri, 5 Apr 2019 at 08:17, zyx <z...@gmx.us> wrote:
> that's correct and still is true. I wanted to wait with the change due
> to other outstanding patches, most of them being from you. It's a pita
> to "rebase" patches, especially when you "break" other things like line
> endings in some files (generally speaking; I've no idea whether the
> outstanding patches touch those files).
>
> That's why the change is delayed, at least from my side.

Ok. Now there are no other outstanding patches from my side and yesterday
I merged a pending change from Michal Sudolsky. Just looking at recent
traffic in the Mailing List situation seems quite enough to allow such
change to go but unfortunately I don't have much visibility on bug tracker,
which I (currently) don't look very often. Discussion about changing the
layout happened one year ago: speaking about timing, do you think now it
could be a good moment to go for it or you see more patches that should be
merged before? Of course I am also expecting Domink to drop his lines
on the actual matter of the change.

Cheers,
Francesco