how I got into this pickle is that I'm getting a warning from Wheel::Run but
rather than reporting it, since I figured no one would want to hear of
troubles with my old 0.2802 POE, I thought I'd upgrade...  in case anyone
cares, or can suggest what the issue might be:

Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/POE/Wheel/Run.pm line 865.

- e