Hi Nick,

> You shouldn't really have any problems with HSSF. There are lots of
> examples for hssf, did you follow them?
I had a look at the examples and rewrote my code completely switching to event
listener mode. This works a lot better and consumes less memory.
I still have some ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsExceptions when UnkownRecord's are
created.
I promise to try the latest version from trunk and if I still get those bugs,
I will open an issue and maybe supply a patch and an example document but the
problem is that the errors are manly in documents that contain information not
intendet to the public - I will see what I can do for you...

BTW: do you agree about what David said about the roadmap for a new POI release?

> Nick
Best Regards
  Jörg