http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/18/obama-jokes-about-isis-on-
same-day-america-gets-bombed-twice/?utm_campaign=thedcmainp
age&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social
Obama Jokes About ISIS On Same Day America Gets Bombed Twice

President Barack Obama made a joke with unfortunately bad timing Saturday,
quipping that the Islamic State was no big deal compared to his birth
certificate, only to have America hit by two separate explosions.

While addressing a dinner held by the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation
Saturday night, Obama joked <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=702wJC6O-6A> about
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s recent declaration that
Obama was, in fact, born in America.

“I don’t know about you guys, but I am so relieved that the whole birther
thing is over,” Obama said. “I mean, ISIL, North Korea, poverty, climate
change, none of those things weighed on my mind like the validity of my
birth certificate.”

Unfortunately, at almost the same time Obama made his remarks, the Chelsea
neighborhood was rocked by an explosion
<http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/17/breaking-at-least-25-injured-in-nyc-explosion-nypd-investigating/>
that
injured at least 25 people. New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio said
<http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/18/nyregion/chelsea-explosion-new-york-city.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0>
the
explosion was “an intentional act,” and authorities reportedly found a
second, undetonated pressure cooker device
<http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/09/17/explosion-new-york-chelsea-neighborhood/90605526/>
on
a nearby street.

Astonishingly, the Chelsea blast was the second explosion of the day. A
Marine Corps charity race in New Jersey was hit by a pipe bomb
<http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/17/pipe-bomb-interrupts-marine-charity-race-in-new-jersey/>
that
thankfully left no injuries, and a subsequent investigation discovered
additional devices.

Meanwhile, in St. Cloud, Minnesota, an attacker reportedly motivated by Islamic
radicalism
<http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/18/minnesota-mall-attacker-referenced-allah-before-stabbing-rampage-police-chief-says.html>
was
shot dead after wounding eight shoppers with a knife.

The culprit, or culprits, for both bombing incidents haven’t been found
yet, but ISIS has encouraged supporters
<http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/12/cnn-warns-of-surge-of-isis-attacks-in-america-during-ramadan-video/>
to make attacks within the United States. Last June’s deadly massacre in
Orlando was perpetrated by Omar Mateen, who declared his support for ISIS
during the attack.

*Follow Blake on Twitter <https://twitter.com/BlakeNeff>*

*Send tips to bl...@dailycallernewsfoundation.org
<bl...@dailycallernewsfoundation.org>.*

*Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without
charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience.
For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact
licens...@dailycallernewsfoundation.org
<licens...@dailycallernewsfoundation.org>.*

[image: Avast logo] <https://www.avast.com/antivirus>

---