> On Dec 19, 2017, at 4:22 AM, J Lorieau <jakedrake.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 1. I'd like to test out the functionality for bibtex citation rendering in
> Scribble, but the API from Racket is somewhat opaque and difficult to
> use--this is largely due to my inexperience with racket and lisps. I have yet
> to use these functions to render a single citation from a bibtex file.

That might be a better question for the main Racket mailing list, because many
of its members are publishing academic papers with Scribble, using its
templates that target LaTeX:

https://docs.racket-lang.org/scribble/generic-prose.html?q=sigplan
<https://docs.racket-lang.org/scribble/generic-prose.html?q=sigplan>

> 2. I believe an alternative would be to try to incorporate scribbler code
> that renders into pollen tags. Would this approach be feasible?
>
> https://docs.racket-lang.org/scriblib/autobib.html

Scribble is designed more as an end-to-end system. I've found it's hard to
usefully extract parts of Scribble and use them elsewhere, because they assume
cooperation the Scribble document model:

https://docs.racket-lang.org/scribble/core.html?q=prepart#%28part._parts%29
<https://docs.racket-lang.org/scribble/core.html?q=prepart#(part._parts)>

No such model exists in Pollen (deliberately).