> On Feb 28, 2019, at 9:09 AM, Brendan Stromberger
> <brendanstromber...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Side question but related: is `doc` a magical export from ptree files? How do
> I know what is being exported from any given Pollen file (*.ptree, *.p, *.pm)?

`doc` and `metas` are exported from every Pollen source file. (Meaning, a file
that starts with `#lang pollen` or one of its dialects — not a *.p file, which
is just a source-control convenience.) You can examine the values of these
exports on the DrRacket REPL.

There isn't anything magical about the pagetree subsystem. It's just a way of
streamlining the common housekeeping of a) maintaining a tree-shaped list of
things and then b) querying into that list of things, while c) staying
consistent with the authoring conventions of other Pollen files. You could do
it your own way.

Likewise, zooming out further, there isn't anything magical about Pollen at
large. It's just a convenient way of writing Racket programs that involve a lot
of text.