I second that. For our node-based tools, the decision to go with typescript
was very straightforward. Our use of typescript has no impact on anyone
downstream, whether they use the tools as libraries or as binaries, as by
the time the code is published in npm it's totally normal, legible,
commented javascript.

If typescript were to part ways with the standard, then we could migrate
off of it with minimal effort. It's purely a labor saving device for those
of us that contribute to the tools repos.

I'm more skeptical than Justin of compile-to-javascript languages, but for
Typescript the output looks so much like the input that it does not worry
me or feel like a departure from the platform.

to polymer-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/28a8dc89-e47b-4fd5-a74f-3f95a5afaf0d%40googlegroups.com.