Hmm, it looks like they've removed the yarn requirement from Polymer 3. I
don't seem to see it anywhere on the Polymer 3 quick start/installation
pages <https://www.polymer-project.org/3.0/start/install-3-0>

On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 8:17:39 AM UTC-4, Mark wrote:

> yarn does not have flat dependencies by default so it most certainly has a
> nested dependency tree. It does provide a "flat mode", but imo this is just
> a step to allow manual resolution. The problem with Polymer relying on
> yarn's flat mode is that it forces lower level dependencies into the flat
> tree structure and breaks projects that contain packages that rely on
> npm's nested tree structure
> <https://github.com/Polymer/polymer/issues/4823>.
>
> On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 10:30:14 AM UTC-4, Mark wrote:
>>
>> I was reading Polymer's 3.0 Preview documentation
>> <https://www.polymer-project.org/blog/2017-08-23-hands-on-30-preview>
>> and see that they've announced that yarn is a dependency.
>>
>> Why? instead of just using NPM 5
>> <https://auth0.com/blog/whats-new-in-node8-and-npm5/>, which does a lot
>> of the same things yarn does?
>> In the summit, they have said <https://youtu.be/JH6jEcLxJEI?t=8m20s>
>> that they needed a  package manager to:
>>
>>    1. Manages dependencies
>>    2. Resolves version conflicts
>>    3. Supports a flat dependency tree
>>    4. Has an active community
>>

>> AFAIK, npm already does this in later versions. So why use yarn which is
>> unnecessary?
>> I get that yarn may be the hot dependency manager today but a lot of
>> people are fine with just using npm.

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
"Polymer" group.
to polymer-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/25ea32aa-9fde-409c-b07a-81d139a11871%40googlegroups.com.