Rob,
Can I take it that the current SVN builds on Mac OS 10.6 without any extra options, although your Makefiles will have to add the -segprot option? I may need to ask you test it again if the official config.guess is updated to include support for 10.6.

Eventually I'd like to remove the need for -segprot but that will require making the code segment at least completely read-only. That in turn requires changes to profiling, data sharing and exporting all of which write to code objects.

Regards,
David

r...@lemma-one.com wrote:
Rob Arthan wrote:
I wrote:
I am completely baffled. I thought I hada solved all my problems on
MacOS X
10.6 and was just tidying up,