On 26/01/2016 23:37, Ramana Kumar wrote:
How can I display signatures and structures, by looking up their name in
the current environment, in Poly/ML 5.6?

The PolyML.NameSpace structure seems to have been reorganised quite a bit,
so the code given previously does not work.

It was getting unwieldy having functions for all the different classes of identifier in one structure so I've split it with separate sub-structures for each class. That allows the same name to be used for similar functions. E.g. each class has a "name" function that returns the name associated with the identifier.

     fun getVal name = displayVal(valOf(#lookupVal globalNameSpace name),
1000(*depth*), globalNameSpace)
end;

The new way of doing this is
fun getVal name = Values.printWithType(valOf(#lookupVal globalNameSpace name), 1000, SOME globalNameSpace)

David