David,

> On 20 Sep 2016, at 19:00, David Matthews <david.matth...@prolingua.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> Rob,
> The complication is that the pretty print datatype is essentially shared
> between the compiler and the compiled code.  If the compiler has been
> compiled with a different length of int from the user code there's the
> potential for confusion.  The compiler builds default print functions for
> types and I was trying to ensure that both sides had the same understanding.
>
> It may be that it isn't a problem.  I'll think about this some more.

I have now tried a ProofPower build with a work-around for this and everything
is working.
It would be nice not to have to work around this. As things stand, the PolyML
structure contains
a rather odd mixture of int and FixedInt.int when you compile with
—enable-intinf-as-int.
E.g., compare prettyPrint with addPrettyPrinter.

> The "datatype" definition in PRETTYSIG.sml is commented out.  The
> "constructors" actually use FixedInt.int.

I didn’t notice that!

Regards,

Rob.