Dear David,

> We are approaching the point at which the current version of Git master
> is ready for release as Poly/ML 5.7.1.  Version 5.7 introduced a number
> of significant changes and it has taken quite a bit of work since then
> to fix various bugs and sort out performance issues.  I've been working
> with Makarius on dealing with those that affect Isabelle and we now seem
> to have dealt with everything.  I'd like to ask everyone to try out the
> current version and let me know if there is anything that would stand in
> the way of a release.

since Isabelle/8905114fd23b, I'm seeing intermittent problems in the
session "Iptables_Semantics_Examples_Big":

04:54:57.051 Run out of store - interrupting threads
04:54:57.051 Failed to recover - exiting

Here are the relevant log entries:

https://ci.isabelle.systems/jenkins/job/isabelle-nightly-slow/581/consoleFull

https://ci.isabelle.systems/jenkins/job/isabelle-nightly-slow/583/consoleFull

https://ci.isabelle.systems/jenkins/job/isabelle-nightly-slow/584/consoleFull

https://ci.isabelle.systems/jenkins/job/isabelle-nightly-slow/585/consoleFull

Is this a problem that can be solved by increasing the heap space? I
didn't touch that setting and some build (#582) went through without
problems.

The relevant environment settings are:

ML_PLATFORM="x86_64-linux"
ML_OPTIONS="-H 4000 --maxheap 10G"