Rob,
Thanks for doing that.  I've pushed a commit that seems to have fixed it.
Regards,
David

On 11/11/2017 18:47, Rob Arthan wrote:
David,

On 8 Nov 2017, at 14:10, David Matthews <david.matth...@prolingua.co.uk> wrote:

We are approaching the point at which the current version of Git master is
ready for release as Poly/ML 5.7.1.  Version 5.7 introduced a number of
significant changes and it has taken quite a bit of work since then to fix
various bugs and sort out performance issues.  I've been working with Makarius
on dealing with those that affect Isabelle and we now seem to have dealt with
everything.  I'd like to ask everyone to try out the current version and let me
know if there is anything that would stand in the way of a release.

The ProofPower build fails with an assertion failure:

Assertion failed: (t->tree[r] == 0), function AddTreeRange, file savestate.cpp,
line 896.

This is on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 with Poly/ML version v5.7-283-g04d3c95 .
I haven't tried any other OSs.  I presume this is happening where my main
program calls
PolyML.SaveState.loadState.

I've attached a tarball of a cut-down set of source files that exhibits the
problem
together with a shell script that simulates what the ProofPower make file does.

Regards,

Rob.