On 12/12/17 14:14, David Matthews wrote:
> The polyc script has been developed mainly to simplify the linking of an
> exported ML function and in particular to try to capture the libraries
> that need to be included.  I've been having another look at this because
> of an issue that was reported a while back.

Here are some further observations and open problems from the past:

  * The polyc script cannot handle directory names with spaces, e.g. the
main "prefix".

  * Instead of insisting in hardwired directory locations it should be
possible to refer to the relative location of the polyc itself.  In GNU
bash I am using THIS="$(cd "$(dirname "$0")"; pwd)" -- it is unclear to
me how to do it in /bin/sh.

  * Use of libgmp on Mac OS X is generally unclear to me. Is there a
robust way to build poly with gmp on an old OS version (e.g. Mac OS X
10.10) and use it on a newer one? Is there any chance to do this with
x86 instead of x86_64?

        Makarius