On Jun 6, 2011, at 5:46, John Winters wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 04:03:42 -0700, Ask Bjørn Hansen <a...@develooper.com>
> wrote:
>> The system running http://www.beta.grundclock.com/ is now monitoring the
>> IPv6 servers.   If you added one, please have a look!
>
> I'm currently seeing about every other query packet getting no response
> and thus my score (after a brief flirtation with positive values) has
> plummeted.  Is it just me?  I find IPv6 communication perfectly reliable in
> normal use, and when I've done small tests myself I haven't had a single
> failed response.

Thanks to everyone who noticed this.  :-)

The puppet configuration on these servers have some optimizations for Varnish
which made IP clients use lower port numbers than the IPv6 firewall rules were
configured to allow.   Depending on what random port number the monitoring
script used, it'd work or not.

After lunch I'll try to look at the missing graphs and why the monitoring does
3-5 checks in each "monitoring period" instead of just one.

 - ask