On Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 6:43, Anssi Johansson wrote:

> Hi, it's been 2.5 years since I set up a NTP server in Turkey to reduce
> the effects of Turk Telekom's routers querying the pool NTP servers. I
> think this method has worked quite nicely, with the server serving some
> 1400-1500 packets/sec on average[1] for the last year. I was hoping that
> at some point Turk Telekom would reconfigure their routers to not query
> the pool, but alas, that has not happened.

Hi Anssi,

Thank you for doing this for so long.

There are a few servers in the tr zone now, though most are configured to not
get too much of the traffic.

If anyone else wants to serve some extra requests, let me know and I can add
your server to the tr zone.  :-)

If the situation with the excessive requests from the Turk Telekom CPE
equipment stays the same and at some point there are not any servers for the tr
zone then I think the "solution" will be to just turn off access to the NTP
Pool from Turkey rather than having the requests fallback to the general europe
zone.

Ask

--
Ask Bjørn Hansen - http://askask.com/