When I run "rpm --help" or "kudzu --help" on [EMAIL PROTECTED] locale in Fedora
7, I don't find any problems.
I attached my out logs with bzip2.

% locale
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
LC_CTYPE="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
LC_NUMERIC="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
LC_TIME="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
LC_COLLATE="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
LC_MONETARY="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
LC_MESSAGES="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
LC_PAPER="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
LC_NAME="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
LC_ADDRESS="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
LC_TELEPHONE="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
LC_MEASUREMENT="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
LC_ALL=

Do you make sure your terminal emulater is launched on [EMAIL PROTECTED] locale
instead of UTF-8 locales?

% env [EMAIL PROTECTED] xterm

Thanks,
fujiwara