On Friday, 18 June 2010, at 21:09:24 (-0400),
Jeff Johnson wrote:

> Any idea how "portably" POSIX dlsym() is in 2010?

According to the Open Group website, dlsym() and dlopen() are at
*least* in POSIX.1 2004 if not earlier.  And they came from SunOS, so
Solaris portability won't be an issue.  MacOS has them, BSD has them.
They should be fine.

> There's the GNUish dlvsym() that needs figgering if I attempt
> "compatibility" with symbol versioning too.

Yeah, that's where you'll get into portability trouble. :)

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <m...@kainx.org>
Linux Server/Cluster Admin, LBL.gov       Author, Eterm (www.eterm.org)