Hi all,

This very well may be a silly question but poking around
on MARC and port's makefiles I was unable to figure out
my answer.

I'm trying to build the php4 port without all its extensions.
Only trying to build those that I actually have a use for.
Another reason is that the PC building it isn't the fastest
thing out there.

So, I tried using FLAVOR on the top directory (www/php4)
to exclude all those php modules I'm not interested in
but I get the error:

"Fatal: no flavors for this port. (in www/php4/core)"

Next I tried to cd in to the core directory and issue a
build and install which works fine.

Next (hours later) I cd in the extensions directory and
issue make with the FLAVOR spacified:

FLAVOR="no_x11 no_snmp no_xmlrpc no_ldap no_mysql..." make

This seems to work fine, as I see dependent libs being
fetched and built and things seem to be happening. After
the build is done (hours later) I issue a 'make install'
with the FLAVOR as above. But nothing happens. As in there
are no php4 modules installed according to pkg_info. Also
ls confirms this in the /var/www/lib/php/modules diectory
is empty.

So I start digging in the makefiles along with searching
MARC. Finally I issue a 'make do-install' which ends up
copying the modules (.so files) from the build directory
into the /var/www/lib/php/modules directory.

At this point I probably should be happy and go along my
merry way, but something is nagging me that this isn't the
proper way of doing this module install. This is confirmed
yet again by 'pkg_delete php4-extensions-4.4.0' which
complains about /var/www/lib directory onward were not
removed due to the fact they were not empty.

So, now I turn to the list to see if anyone can shed some
light onto my problem. Where am I going wrong?

I don't mind digging more into the makefiles, but a bit
of hint might make this task slight bit more pleasurable ;-)

Thanks for any info!
--patrick

p.s., yes, I did see on MARC that I can fetch the binary
(pre-built) packages but I rather use this experience and
learn something in the process.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

Reply via email to