Attached is a new port for re2 [1]. To quote the authors:

"RE2 is a fast, safe, thread-friendly alternative to backtracking
regular expression engines like those used in PCRE, Perl, and Python. It
is a C++ library."

NOTE: there are similarly named ports already, this is different software.

Package builds and installs fine on amd64. The test suite is quite
lengthy. On my fairly modest test machine it takes about 30-45 mins or
so. With the default timeout settings, one of the tests does fail due to
time out (at least on my machine), but if you increase the time limit
it's fine. I've left them default here because I'm not sure what to do
about it.

Feedback welcomed.

Ash

[1]: https://github.com/google/re2