On 2020/11/13 14:57, Ashton Fagg wrote:
> Attached is a new port for re2 [1]. To quote the authors:
>
> "RE2 is a fast, safe, thread-friendly alternative to backtracking
> regular expression engines like those used in PCRE, Perl, and Python. It
> is a C++ library."
>
> NOTE: there are similarly named ports already, this is different software.
>
> Package builds and installs fine on amd64. The test suite is quite
> lengthy. On my fairly modest test machine it takes about 30-45 mins or
> so. With the default timeout settings, one of the tests does fail due to
> time out (at least on my machine), but if you increase the time limit
> it's fine. I've left them default here because I'm not sure what to do
> about it.
>
> Feedback welcomed.
>
> Ash
>
> [1]: https://github.com/google/re2

: CATEGORIES=             devel

textproc would be just fine and is less full than devel

: GH_ACCOUNT=             google
: GH_PROJECT=             re2
: GH_TAGNAME=             2020-11-01
:
: # This is needed because otherwise the package build pukes due to it
: # not understanding the versioning convention.
: PKGNAME=                re2-${GH_TAGNAME:S,-,,g}

the comment isn't needed, this situation is explicitly called out in
packages-specs(7)

:
: SHARED_LIBS=            re2     0.0
:
: MAINTAINER=             Ashton Fagg <ash...@fagg.id.au>
:
: # BSD
: PERMIT_PACKAGE=         Yes
:
: COMPILER=               base-clang ports-gcc
: MODULES=                devel/cmake
:
: WANTLIB=                ${COMPILER_LIBCXX} m pthread

please put wantlib in the standard place as in Makefile.template,
when someone gets round to doing full wantlib syncs through the ports
tree again it makes it easier to have that in the usual place

:
: CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=on
:
: .include <bsd.port.mk>
:

otherwise looks good.