Stuart Henderson:

> naddy had a similar diff and same problem. Looking at the compiler
> warnings it doesn't exactly seem LP64-clean (or, well, clean at all);

Speaking in general terms:  A lot of the crufty X11 code in the
ports tree has a pattern where they use callback APIs that take a
pointer argument, and if they just want to pass an int, they cast
it to a pointer and back (instead of allocating an int and passing
a pointer to it).  That works out fine, no truncation, despite scary
compiler warnings.

IIRC we mostly cleaned up the actual LP64 problems years ago.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de