Stuart Henderson wrote:
> I think what's wanted here is probably to get rid of that patch and set
> MAKE_FLAGS= ETCDIR=${SYSCONFDIR}/notion (used during build to tell the
> program where to look for files at runtime ) and then FAKE_FLAGS=
> ETCDIR=$(PREFIX)/share/examples/notion so fake-install copies the
> sample files there. Then use @sample in the PLIST to have pkg_add
> copy the files at install time. This is so that the user can modify the
> files if needed without causing conflicts.

I took another attempt to actually get your proposal to work. And after
an hour of fighting with PREFIX and DESTDIR it finally started working.

It looks like this now:

MAKE_FLAGS=     ETCDIR=$(SYSCONFDIR)/notion
FAKE_FLAGS=     ETCDIR=$(DESTDIR)$(PREFIX)/share/examples/notion

And then later:

post-install:
        $(INSTALL_DATA_DIR) $(DESTDIR)$(SYSCONFDIR)/notion
        $(INSTALL_DATA) $(PREFIX)/share/examples/notion/*.lua \
                $(DESTDIR)$(SYSCONFDIR)/notion/

PREFIX suddenly includes DESTDIR here, which threw me off.

PLIST has @sample /etc/notion/* entries.

Everything seems to work as expected.

Updated port attached.

Best Regards,