On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 10:01:33AM +0200, Stefan Hagen wrote:
> Stefan Hagen wrote:
[...]
> > > - patch default config to avoid keybindings with capslock to avoid
> > > a startup error if you have remapped capslock to ctrl. I think users
> > > are likely enough to hit this that we need to do something about it,
> > > though I would also be open to mentioning it in a pkg-readme if
> > > you think it would be better to keep the config at defaults.
> >
> > I don't like the default config (my personal one is completely
> > different). The patch is fine.
> >
> > The same happens with "grave" on my layout. I did not patch it cause
> > I think it's fine with a US layout.

I think the use of Meta+CapsLock in the default is pretty bad as it leads
to confusion about the mode of the keyboard, but I think just commenting
out and removing this navigation function leads probably to even more
confusion.

My take is that this is an upstream problem that is still open [1], and
therefore I would leave the default bindings and add a pkg-readme until
upstream has decided on a better solution.

Not a dealbreaker though if Stefan or others prefer to just remove that
navigation option from the defaults.

[...]
> > > This version is OK sthen@ to import.

It would seem to me that the hardcoded '/usr/local' in
patches/patch-build_libs_mk is better replaced with ${LOCALBASE} and a
${SUBST_CMD} for the file.

I have made these adjustment (LOCALBASE use, SUBST_CMD, removal of the
patch for cfg_bindings.lua, and addition of a pkg-readme) and attached
an updated tarball with those.

ok thfr@ with or without the change to cfg_bindings.lua and the README;
or I'd import it if there's an ok from another dev for these adjustments.

[1] https://github.com/raboof/notion/issues/336