-

| # $OpenBSD$

we are no longer using this in ports -current

| MODPY_VERSION =         ${MODPY_DEFAULT_VERSION_3}

don't use this, use FLAVOR=python3 and FLAVORS=python3

| RUN_DEPENDS =           pypi/py-jsonpointer${MODPY_FLAVOR}>=1.9

pypi is an invalid category.
drop the version check, it's not needed.

use MODPY_PYTEST if it does something sensible. (sometimes you need to
point at a particular directory or file with MODPY_PYTEST_ARGS, especially
if you get some error to do with an import mismatch).

setting expectations: we're currently working on things that need to
make release, so new ports are not a priority at the moment.

> both repos didnt have much info so i used the comment as the DESCR. should
> something be done different in these cases?

it's friendly to the user to include a bit more information if possible.
for example maybe a quick description of what a json pointer / json patch
is? i found this on a website for some other related software which
could serve as inspiration for py-jsonpointer..