On 2022/11/22 12:53, Stuart Henderson wrote :>> i don't understand why without upnp support? hundreds of millions, if not billions, of people are sitting behind nat and the opening of ports is still relevant

building without UPnP is the upstream default. probably could be
enabled (maybe as a flavour) but I guess none of the people who
maintained this port had a use for it. also the upnp libraries don't
have a brilliant track record for security.

I second that.

By the way, from my experience, i2pd does a got job connecting to the I2P network behind a home router or even a corporate network, without UPnP.

If you definitely need UPnP, you might be better off with the java implementation (the net/i2p port), at least if someone volunteers to update it (version 2.0.0 has just been released).