On Mon, 29 May 2023 20:30:16 -0600
Jonathan Drews <jondr...@fastmail.com> wrote:

>  Thanks for checking this. I used the ports.tat.gz because that is
> what the Porters Handbook showed. Can I update the downloaded tarball
> version using cvs? I suppose I can try.

$ cd /usr/ports
$ cvs -qd anoncvs@____:/cvs up -A

You need cvs -d ____ because ports.tar.gz doesn't know which
anoncvs server to use.  Fill in ____ with a server from
https://www.openbsd.org/anoncvs.html

> Can we have a maxima port similar to Tcl? Wherein there are
> subdirectories for ECL and SBCL?

Maxima wants FLAVORS, not subdirectories.  Tcl is different because
Tcl has 2 versions (8.5 and 8.6).  Maxima has only 1 version.

For example, lang/sbcl has FLAVORS sbcl-- and sbcl--threads.
Maxima might have maxima-- and maxima--sbcl.  Then we might twice
build the same version of Maxima, once with --enable-ecl, once with
--enable-sbcl.