On Sun, Jun 18, 2023 at 12:45:13PM +0000, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 17, 2023 at 10:57:10PM +0000, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> > A small qt6 app interfacing the PCSC API that acts as native app for
> > browser extensions, which I plan to sub-package in the same port, once
> > I sorted out the chicken scratches, hence the intial port with
> > MULTI_PACKAGES = -main.
>
> To clarify, you can already download the extensions from the official
> firefox and chrome stores, but the idea is to ship them as system
> extension so that all browser profiles get the known good version from
> our packages autoamatically -- users can still disable, but not
> uninstall it.

Chromium works!  I named our packages after upstream's official debian/ubuntu
web-eid-{chrome,firefox,native}-*.deb ones.

-native has the cli/native messaging host, -chrome has the config for
www/chromium and a README pointing at the official extention plus unveil.

Once I sorted out the other chrome flavours in out ports tree, my plan
is to make -chrome ship those too;  no need for -chromium, -irdium, etc.

With www/mozilla-firefox the extension starts the native app and
stdin/out sees data, but something goes wrong.  Need to investigate,
then hopefully make www/firefox-esr work as well and make -firefox ship
it, in analogy to -chrome covering all the *chrom* ports.

So here's a new tarball for
---
    Information for inst:web-eid-chrome-2.3.1

    Comment:
    chromium extension

    Configuration for the official Web eID extension for Chromium.

    Maintainer: Klemens Nanni <k...@openbsd.org>

    WWW: https://web-eid.eu/

---
    Information for inst:web-eid-native-2.3.1

    Comment:
    native messaging host for Web eID browser extension

    Required by:
    web-eid-chrome-2.3.1

    The Web eID application peforms cryptographic digital signing and
    authentication operations with electronic ID smart cards for the Web eID
    browser extension, for which it acts as native messaging host.

    Also works standalone without the extension in command-line mode.

    Maintainer: Klemens Nanni <k...@openbsd.org>

    WWW: https://web-eid.eu/
---

Even without smart card, you can test -native by running `web-eid'
manually to get a Qt6 window.

For -chrome follow README, click 'Authenticate' on https://web-eid.eu
and get a window;  with a smart card, follow the process and view the
resulting file in security/qdigidoc4;  without a smart card, close the
window (your browser's extension successfully talked to the native
messaging host application).

Feedback? OK?