On Sun, Jun 18, 2023 at 01:46:58PM -0600, Ashlen wrote:
> Hi, I'm looking to update devel/p5-Module-Starter from 1.54 to 1.77.
> In order to do this, I need devel/p5-Software-License imported into
> the ports tree so I can add it as a RUN_DEPENDS. Without it, the
> new version of `module-starter` fails during runtime.
>
> I couldn't find a decent description upstream, so this is what I
> wrote for pkg/DESCR (I'm open to changing it):
>
> "Software::License provides templated software licenses. It also
> includes Software::LicenseUtils, which contains useful bits of code
> for guessing licenses and creating Software::License objects."
>
> I don't think I want MAINTAINER.
>
> OK?

The tgz of a new port must not contain CVS directories.
Instead of starting from some random p5- port, use
/usr/ports/infrastructure/bin/portgen to create one from scratch.
It automatically detects and creates dependencies.
Disabling all tests due to non ported modules is not good.

With all that fixed, we end with these ports:

Information for inst:p5-Software-License-0.104004

Comment:
packages that provide templated software licenses

Software::License provides templated software licenses. It also
includes Software::LicenseUtils, which contains useful bits of code
for guessing licenses and creating Software::License objects.

Information for inst:p5-Data-Section-0.200008

Comment:
read multiple hunks of data out of your DATA section

Required by:
p5-Software-License-0.104004

Data::Section provides an easy way to access multiple named chunks of
line-oriented data in your module's DATA section.  It was written to allow
modules to store their own templates, but probably has other uses.

ok to import?

bluhm