On Mon, Oct 23, 2023 at 08:39:51PM +0200, Theo Buehler wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 23, 2023 at 05:15:31PM +0200, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > upcomng dnsdist has incoming DoQ (DNS over QUIC) supoport using the
> > quiche library.
>
> Please add
>
> # ring-v0.16.20 does not support those archs
> NOT_FOR_ARCHS = powerpc64 riscv64 sparc64
>
> at the top of the makefile. ring 0.17 adds powerpc64 support, but that
> isn't out yet.
>
> > So here's a port of that library. Since it links with boringssl, which
> > is static-only, I made this one static-only as well. That avoid quite
> > some issues.
>
> rust knocks out quite a few architectures, then ring removes powerpc64,
> riscv64 and sparc64 and then it doesn't really matter anymore that
> boringssl removes all big-endian architectures.
>
> Is it possible to make DoQ optional in dnsdist so that it keeps being
> available on less mainstream architectures? Or is it not worth it?

Not supporting DoQ in dnsdist is easy from the configure point of
view.  But I'm also building my wip dnsdist post against boringssl as
I think it is impossible (or at least undesirable) to have two
instances of lib*ssl in one executable.

So if we want to have two flavours of dnsdist I think that would mean
that one flavour is linked against libressl and one against boringssl.
Don't know if I want to maintain something like that. I have to think
about it.

> > I'm not using the crate install command, as the crate does not seem to
> > be setup in such a way to allow for that.
>
> Yes, that seems the right choice, although I think you want
>
> MODCARGO_INSTALL =      No
>
> rather than NO_INSTALL
>
> > As I'm still a port-newbie, any feedbakc is very welcome.
>
> Apart from the above, the port looks good to me. I haven't managed to
> figure out how to run tests.

Thanks for the review.

While working on this and a make build with an updated cvs tree I'm now seeing

syntax error at /usr/libdata/perl5/OpenBSD/Subst.pm line 54, near "" $v")"

This looks fishy, have to figrue out if this is a broken tree or
something else.

        -Otto