On Thu, Mar 14, 2024 at 06:51:58PM -0400, Ian Darwin wrote:

> > Latest version attached. I received some feedback that the permissions
> > were too restrictive for adjusting logging through the openHAB console.
> > Changed log4j2.xml and org.ops4j.logging to be owned by _openhab to fix
> > this.
>
> Thanks. So I removed everything (except the config file where I'd set the
> port to 8200 from 8080) and installed from the new port. I'm still not able
> to get started. I get as far as the setup screen /setup-wizard/ where it
> says "Install Add-ons", but the big button "Select Add-ons to Install" is
> inoperative, so basicui doesn't get installed, and all I get is

I cannot reproduce this behavior. I've tested changing both the http and
https ports from a clean install. Please send me the log from
/var/log/openhab/openhab.log. You should see something like the
following from a clean install just before the Install Add-ons.:

[INFO ] [e.automation.internal.RuleEngineImpl] - Rule engine started.
[INFO ] [p.auth.internal.AuthorizePageServlet] - First user account created:
admin
[INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Time zone set to
'America/New_York'.
[INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Locale set to 'en_US'.

I assume you aren't preventing this machine from reaching the internet to
install add-ons. I have a seperate 'misc/openhab-addons' that installs
all the add-ons locally, but is not part of this.

I also assume you don't have any weird add-ons/extensions in
Firefox/Chrome that might cause issues.

For more debugging information you can login to the openHAB console with
`ssh -p 8101 openhab@localhost` and then `set:log DEBUG`. Default pw is
'hapopen'

Would appreciate another tester to confirm this issue is not unique to
you.

> >   Overview Page Not Configured Yet
> >
> > Edit the layout page with the ID |"overview"| to display important
> > controls here.
> >
> This is on -current. Fails using FireFox or Chrome. Thoughts?
>
> Also, in the pkg readme you say:
>
> > If, for example, you plan to access a locally connected USB
> > dongle for Zigbee or Z-Wave, you will need to add the _openhab user to the
> > 'dialer' group. Further, you will  also need to edit /etc/openhab.conf and
> > adjust EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS accordingly.
>
> I'm not convinced that normal users (who are mostly not Java experts) will
> 'hab' any idea about the "accordingly" part.

I agree, but The README is not supposed to supplant the documentation from
https://www.openhab.org/docs/. I tried to cover only the changes I've
made or things that are OpenBSD specific.

I am working to test a pure Java library to access serial devices to
avoid porting rxtx.

I've attached a slightly updated README to add "Refer ..." to the access
serial devices section and fix a typo.

> Thx.

Thank you for testing! Feel free to contact me off-list if you want help
debugging further.

--
Chaz