question:
how can I know reliably when to update SO_VERSION? i assume this is when the one or more of the library dependencies gets updated, but I can't be sure.
Can someone tell me?I saw that the firefox 155.0 update also updated this variable, so I updated it accordingly in my librewolf 155.0-1 update, but some confirmation would be nice.
I assume also it is when there are breaking ABI changes in libraries. Am 01.09.26 um 14:54 schrieb Leah Rowe:
Hi everyone,Here is an updated version of my LibreWolf 155.0-1 update, compared to the one I sent earlier. It updates the PLIST properly, and that's the only difference.This should be safe to merge, but I'm building it one more time just to be sure.To re-cap, in addition to the 155.0-1 update, this patch also makes the following changes:* PGO data re-used from firefox builds, for performance gain depending on workload* Re-enables --enable-rust-simd in mozconfig for performance gain depending on workload* Moves DIST_SUBDIR to mozilla instead of librewolf, so that PGO data can be re-used from mozilla-firefox porting* Cleans up some stale patches accordingly; one patch was removed due to it having already been applied upstreamOne other change: i forgot to update SO_VERSION in the previous version of the patch. This has now been done.I'm now 99.9% sure that this patch is correct. I'll be 100% sure when it finishes compiled (ETA one to two hours on my machine, after I send this email).
-- Company director, Minifree Ltd Registered in England, No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462 Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK
OpenPGP_0x5C654067D383B1FF.asc
Description: OpenPGP public key
OpenPGP_signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
