With the config I shared, I have reproduced it now on 4 installations.

The 4'th installation is a fresh OpenBSD 8.0 beta on one machine. I put my
prusa config there and have the very same crash on prusaslicer-2.9.6
with just different address:
[error]   UserAccount: Failed to read token - no datafile found.
Actually to filter out the debug-prusaslicer thing I installed it also on
the 8.0 beta: made no difference at all. Well I did not have any high hopes
for it as it seems to be the very same but with debug symbols compiled in.

@Renato : I cant figure out what you are not able to reproduce: how can I
help ?
do you need a full package listing ? or just maybe the output of pkg_info
-mq ?
Just don't ask me to start compiling stuff with ports or what not ...
that's not a rabbit hole I'm ready to go down into yet on OpenBSD.


Il giorno gio 10 set 2026 alle ore 07:57 Renato Aguiar <
[email protected]> ha scritto:

> On Thu, Sep 10 2026, louigi 600 wrote:
>
> >
> > I do however wonder what was the reason for releasing prusaslicer-2.9.4p2
> > when the previous version was working ?
>
> Obviously, I couldn't reproduce that crash on prusaslicer-2.9.4p2. I've
> seen it in previous versions though, but it was rare, only happened
> during startup, and it would work fine after running it again.
>
> >
> > I do see a snapshot version
> >
> https://ftp.hostserver.de/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/amd64/prusaslicer-2.9.6.tgz
> > I wonder if that can be used on 7.9 ?
>
> I don't think so. You'd have to install the snapshot to use that
> package.
>
> If you want to make sure that next release has no regressions, you could
> help testing prusaslicer 2.9.6 in the snapshot and report any bugs
> before the ports tree is frozen.
>

Reply via email to