Very intresting results.
I will begin by reporting that this package actually allows prusa slicer to
start, but that is not the most intresting part.
The startup log still shows the same error but now it does not segfault
right after it:

[2026-09-11 08:21:09.902206] [0x00000e1cbb70e550] [error]   UserAccount:
Failed to read token - no datafile found.
[2026-09-11 08:21:10.273571] [0x00000e1c25162440] [error]   Unable to fetch
file (https://slx-storage.prusa3d.com/metadata.json): 0 (Could not resolve
hostname:
Could not resolve host: slx-storage.prusa3d.com
[Error 6])
[2026-09-11 08:21:14.088927] [0x00000e1c8b345640] [error]   Error getting: `
https://files.prusa3d.com/wp-content/uploads/repository/PrusaSlicer-settings-master/live/PrusaSlicer.version`:
HTTP 0, Could not resolve hostname:
Could not resolve host: files.prusa3d.com
[Error 6]
[2026-09-11 08:21:14.093401] [0x00000e1c8b345640] [error]   Downloading
PrusaSlicer version file has failed:
Error getting: `
https://files.prusa3d.com/wp-content/uploads/repository/PrusaSlicer-settings-master/live/PrusaSlicer.version`:
HTTP 0, Could not resolve hostname:
Could not resolve host: files.prusa3d.com
[Error 6]


It continues to load and finally open up the classical prusa slicer GUI.
I loaded an STL to slice and it appeared to be doing normally but then my
system crashed (probably because of overheating ... old Sony VAIO with some
heat pipe issues: I am not blaming the unsigned package for this).
I will move the HDU to another system and make some more tests because
every time I slice the system crashes so I need to take out the vaio issues.




Il giorno ven 11 set 2026 alle ore 00:13 Nam Nguyen <[email protected]>
ha scritto:

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2026, at 09:29 p.m. +0200, louigi 600 wrote:
>
> > Just don't ask me to start compiling stuff with ports or what not ...
> that's not a rabbit hole
> > I'm ready to go down into yet on OpenBSD.
>
> You can try the package I made if you want to test the fix and do not
> want to set up ports. You will have to install it as an unsigned
> package.
>
> https://messagemode2.com/packages/prusaslicer-2.9.6p0.tgz
>
> # pkg_add -Dunsigned ./prusaslicer-2.9.6p0.tgz
>

Reply via email to