On 2026/09/17 10:15, Andrew Hewus Fresh wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2026 at 05:20:28PM -0700, Andrew Hewus Fresh wrote:
> > In databases/p5-DBIx-Class (and similar) I have added
> > MODULES += databases/mariadb
> >
> > https://cvsweb.openbsd.org/ports/databases/p5-DBIx-Class
> >
> > Last time I updated the port, it worked fine, but something has changed
> > in the way this should be set up and now mariadb fails to initialize.
>
> This seems to fix the startup.
>
> What's the right way to find this file?
I think I'd have the module write it to e.g. ${WRKDIR}/module-server-my.cnf,
perhaps by copying from ${FILESDIR}/module-server-my.cnf if it present
(i.e. coming from the port which includes the module, allowing per-port
overrides) and otherwise just printf'ing the default values if not to
avoid awkward constructs to find the path to mariadb?
> What are good values?
Your proposed 512m seems reasonable. The default datasize-cur for
pbuild class is at least 1G on all archs except m88k and landisk
(where I don't think anyone is likely to run these anyway, if
mariadb can even compile).
> (the open_files_limit is just to avoid the warning)
I'd go a bit higher, if some test uses a bunch of tables it might
need it, 400 would fit in datasize-cur with some spare (pbuild
defers to default for this, which sets it to 512).
>
> Index: mariadb.port.mk
> ===================================================================
> RCS file: /cvs/ports/databases/mariadb/mariadb.port.mk,v
> diff -u -p -r1.6 mariadb.port.mk
> --- mariadb.port.mk 11 Mar 2022 18:31:22 -0000 1.6
> +++ mariadb.port.mk 17 Sep 2026 17:13:58 -0000
> @@ -6,16 +6,17 @@ MODMARIADB_TEST_CMD ?= \
> MODMARIADB_TEST_DBNAME ?=
> MODMARIADB_TEST_SOCKET = ${WRKDIR}/mariadb.sock
> _MODMARIADB_TEST_DATA_DIR = ${WRKDIR}/testdb-mariadb
> +MODMARIADB_SERVER_MY_CFG != perl -MFile::Basename=dirname -E 'say
> dirname($$ARGV[-1])."/files/module-server-my.cnf"' ${MAKEFILE_LIST:QL}
>
> MODMARIADB_SERVER_ARGS = \
> - --no-defaults \
> + --defaults-file=${MODMARIADB_SERVER_MY_CFG} \
> --datadir=${_MODMARIADB_TEST_DATA_DIR} \
> --skip-grant-tables \
> --skip-networking \
> --socket=${MODMARIADB_TEST_SOCKET}
>
> MODMARIADB_ADMIN_ARGS = \
> - --no-defaults \
> + --defaults-file=${MODMARIADB_SERVER_MY_CFG} \
> --host=localhost \
> --protocol=socket \
> --socket=${MODMARIADB_TEST_SOCKET}
> Index: files/module-server-my.cnf
> ===================================================================
> RCS file: files/module-server-my.cnf
> diff -N files/module-server-my.cnf
> --- /dev/null 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 -0000
> +++ files/module-server-my.cnf 17 Sep 2026 17:13:58 -0000
> @@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
> +[mysqld]
> +innodb_buffer_pool_size_max=512m
> +open_files_limit=256
>