On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:02:20AM +0000, Jacob Meuser wrote:

> > The thing is that gstreamer was not meant to be splitted that way
>
> I agree, there is too much subpackaging in gstreamer.

perfect example is gstreamer-core.  why are the frontends in a
separate package?  I doubt the frontends are useful without -main
and -frontend has no more dependencies than -main.

hmm, DESCR-main says "Some command line utilities have een moved into
gstreamer-frontend to facilitate the transition to gstreamer-0.10."

huh?  these were split out for pkg_add to do updates, or???

--
jake...@sdf.lonestar.org